Sunday, February 28, 2010

Missing SD girl

Have you seen the story about the girl, Chelsea king, who went for a run after school on Thursday in San Diego (close to where we live) and never came back to her car? It's on foxnews.com home page right now and it's everywhere here, of course. I'm SO sad for her. For her family. I can't even imagine the anguish they feel. I don't want to imagine it. And I don't want to ever experience it.

But it made think about how I would respond if my dauhter or son were missing. Would God still be good in my eyes? Would I still believe He is in control and nothing can come into my life accept that which passes through his hand? I pray I would. Because apart from Him, what would be my hope or consolation or peace?

It made me think of Jesus asking his disciples if they wanted to leave him also after the crowds left at his hard words and Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life ".

There is nothing or no one else for me in this life apart from Him and the Lord gives and takes away but blessed is the name of the Lord. Even in heartache or despair or confusion. Especially then.

So I pray for this girl to be found alive. And I pray for her family while they wait. I pray that they know the only One who can give them peace and sustain them in the midst of the worst tragedy I can even imagine.

Please pray for them too!

No comments: