Sunday, February 14, 2010

Our 1st Valentine's date

In 1997, Jesse came to my dorm room to ask me out on a date for Valentine's day. He brought me a box of Girl Scout thin mints, too. I was talking with a group of about 10 girls and he walked up to our circle, asked me out to dinner and gave me the cookies. I wonder if he was at all intimidated by al the girls or the laughter as he walked away...Probably not which is why I fell in love with him! ;)

Anyway, we went on a double date with another couple from Bible College. (Jason and Jamie Patton-They are still together, married and living in Oregon with their two kiddos). First we went to eat at a Mongolian BBQ. It's an all-you-can-eat place and Jesse had about 5 helpings which kind of freaked out the Patton's. I was used to it though. The boy can EAT!

Then we went to see "Dante's Peak". (I just asked Jesse if he remembered the movie we saw and he said, "I remember it was dumb!" hahaha!) The theatre was so packed, the four of us had to split up.
And...that's pretty much it all I remember from that night....

Today we are celebrating our 14th Valentine's Day together! And we're doing....dinner and a movie!

No comments: