Thursday, February 11, 2010

Trader Joe's Thursdays

This flavorful meal is quick and easy. I originally got it from Cooking Light but simplified it a little bit. Enjoy!

Apricot Chicken

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts-cut into thin strips
olive oil
Balsamic vinegar
Apricot preserves-small jar
green onions-sliced but not too thin
~Sautee the chicken in the olive oil until brown and kind of crispy. Add the whole jar of preserves, 2 TBSP. vinegar (to taste. Add more or less depending on how much you like B.V. I love it!) and the green onions. Stir until bubbly, coating the chicken.


I like to put it over brown rice OR mashed potatoes. Serve with my favorite TJ"s garlic green beans.

(Haven't made this in awhile. Thanks for the reminder Angie D!)

2 comments:

Angie D said...

Mmmm, it's ALWAYS a hit! The combo may sound strange at first but it is SO good. Apricot is sometimes hard to find. I've used Simply Fruit brand and Bonne Mamam (half the jar) brands. Both yummy! Thanks, Ang. :)

Unknown said...

Angie, I love your blog. You are quite a writer. This is just so cool, so well done, I am so impressed. I love you beautiful woman!!!