Monday, March 1, 2010

Manic Monday

Today is crazy.

I woke up feeling sad and my heart is just heavy for the family of the missing girl, Chelsea King. After I posted yesterday, a sex offender was arrested in connection with her case. Jesse went to search with the volunteer teams and I'm praying she is found soon so her family can have closure. It's every parent's worst nightmare.

Ava had her first teething biscuit today. She wasn't too sure at first but fell in love. I took about 20 pictures. As I was cleaning the downstairs floors, I let her crawl around and put an armchair in front of the staircase. I got caught up for about 60 seconds and couldn't see her. She was on the TOP stair (I have 16!!!!!). After that mild heart attack, I finished the floors with her screaming in her saucer!

A family is coming over for dinner and then 5 more families will be here at 6:30 for our first Total Money Makeover group meeting. Gazelle intensity, baby!

And as I write this blog, one kid is crying about his ear hurting, one kid is whining about his day at school (something about 3rd graders hogging the handball courts...), one kid is punching his crying brother and one kid is sleeping. And they are all telling me how hungry they are! Except the sleeping one.

Time to clean, get dressed, run to the store, make dinner, help with homework-all before 5pm.

So...I gotta go. Bye! ;)

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Angie you are near and dear to my heart. I love that you enjoy being a mom so much! Reading this reminded me of my stay-at-home mom days. I look back on those days now and miss them so much. I love having the boys all grown up and becoming the wonderful adults that they are, but being a mom and raising my boys will always be my greatest accomplishment. Everything else you do in your life will pale to being a mom! Wish I had written my thoughts down like you are doing. You are one smart cookie! xoxo