Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The World According to Lucas

Talking to Lucas is one of my favorite things to do. He is hilarious. Here are a few gems from this week so far. Yes, it's only Tuesday!

Before dinner last night I had to run to Trader Joe's and Lucas asked to come along. In the check out line he greeted the woman behind us. "Hi! What's your name?" "Kay", she answered. "What's yours?" "Lucas." "How old are you, Lucas?" Kay asked. "I'm 2! How old are you, Kay?" And what's your guy's name?", Lucas asked, pointing to the random guy behind her. Awkward.

Last night as we were getting ready for a bath, Lucas looked me straight in the eye and said he needed a lamp with him in the bath.

Today Lucas was sitting on the couch and Ava started to crawl up by grabbing his foot. He kicked her hand away. I got him up and asked why he was kicking her. He said, "Because I'm HUNGRY!"

When it was time for his nap today, I told Lucas to get a toy he wanted to sleep with. He came back with a little bowl. It's contents: a mini rhino, a plastic toy solider, a lego window, and a wheel from a toy car. Proudly, he showed me his treasures and asked me to say good night to each one.

I SO wish everyone could have a Lucas!!!


(Here he is in front of the neighbor's garage proudly showing off the binoculars he "found" inside)

1 comment:

Sherry said...

So cute! I think that boy has alot of Knox in him.