Saturday, March 6, 2010

10 reasons I know I'm back in Cali

It's good to be home. Sometimes I can't believe I lived for about a decade away. But I'm happy to be back. Yesterday, as we drove to the beach for our family walk, I realized that there are so many little things that make SoCal home to me. Here are the 1st ten that I thought of....

1. Good Mexican food.
2. The Beach.
3. Friendly people. Waitstaff, clerks, people on the road. Ahhh....love the friendly SoCal vibe.
4. The speed limit on the freeway=FAST. Only in SoCal can you be driving 75mph and have a CHP drive up and around you because you're going to slow.
5. Outdoor soccer and baseball games for the kids. Without uggs and a winter coat. Or an umbrella.
6. In 2 hours I can be at: a beach, then a mountain with snow, then the desert, then a nice mall. Variety!
7. DISNEYLAND.
8. Being able to buy $10 good vodka at Trader Joe's. And NOT having to go to a scary liquor store.
9. In-N-Out. A's Burger's zucchini  sticks, Del Taco. And all the rest of the Cali food I knew and loved in high school.....
10. The weather. (Of course that would be on here!)

Happy Saturday. And please move here, too! :)

No comments: