Wednesday, March 3, 2010

10 Things I've learned So Far...

...On our "total money make-over"

1. A double coupon means you get double the amount off, NOT two of the item
2. Spending cash is harder than swiping a card because I want to spend less of it
3. It's annoying not to bring enough cash to the store and then have to run home and get it.
4. It's easier to sacrifce NOW if I know it will pay off in the FUTURE
5. Good food is really expensive. Junk food is cheap.
6. If you pay the minimum on a credit card w/ a $3,000 balance and a 14% interest rate it takes about 10     years to pay it off!
7. Out of 100 people age 65, 97 of them can't write a check for $600!
8. All the cliches (like "gazelle intensity") are annoying
9. It's best to start putting $$$ into your Christmas budget in January so it won't be overwhelming in December
10. It's helping my diet too since I have cute clothes I can't fit into yet but I can't afford to go buy more! Ha!

No comments: