Thursday, March 18, 2010

Trader Joe's Thursdays

Ok, this is a 1st. I'm posting a recipe I didn't make-up/re-do and haven't even tried yet. (Well, I did change it a tiny bit to make it easier by using stuff available at TJ's)
I just saw this on this website and thought it sounded great, easy and without too many ingredients. My kind of cooking! :)

Meatballs
40 already cooked meatballs (I'll use the turkey ones from Costco-cheaper)
2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
1 cup canned coconunt milk
1 tablespoon Aisan hot sauce (the one with the rooster on it) or red chile paste
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons white granulated sugar

~Put meatballs into slow cooker (frozen is fine). Add peanut butter and coconut milk. Drop in a gollop of red chile paste, then add soy sauce and sugar. Stir as well as you can to combine---it won't be perfect because the peanut butter will still be clumpy. No worries. Cook on low for 4-6 hours, high for 2-4, or until peanut butter mixture is fully melted and the meatballs are heated throughout.
Serve as a hot appetizer, or over long grained basmati rice with my favorite TJ's garlic green beans as a meal

No comments: