Monday, March 22, 2010

My daily blogs

Okay, I failed my mission. I din't write anything this weekend. And I've missed a couple days before as well. But I'll keep trying. It's fun to have a challenge and it's also a great way to look back at my days. It's funny to read my blog posts from a year ago or longer and remember what I was feeling (or not feeling) at the time. I can read posts about the begining of my love for my husband, the fabulous adventures of being a boy mom, longing for a daughter, the joy when she came, the heart break of saying goodbye to my WA girlies, the excitement of moving back home to sunny SoCal...all in a year. Crazy. What a fun diary. That my friends and random strangers read, too. Actually, what a wierd diary.

So the other day I read my friend Kelly's blog about mybe "coming up for air on the shallow side once in awhile" and I realized I'm at the opposite extreme of the blogging world right now. My blogs lately are easy and not reflecting a lot of heart thought. I could say that I wish I had TIME to write more about what is in my heart but the truth is some days all I can articulate is a funny story or a poem I love or a quote from Spurgeon. Sometimes I am cracking up writing my daily blog and some days I don't even want to write anything and some days I pour into it.

But those are my days....

1 comment:

Mellu said...

I love your "funny story or a poem I love or a quote from Spurgeon" blog posts! I like that they are nice and short and I look forward to them whenever you have TIME to write them! :)