Saturday, January 23, 2010

Potty Training Vote

Ugh. I HATE potty training. For my 1st two kids, I potty trained around 2 1/2 years old and they were fully in underwear (at night, too) a couple months before their 3rd birthday. So, Lucas will be 2 1/2 by Feb. 3rd and that's my goal week to start. And that's coming up SOON! (YUCK!)

There are a million suggestions, tips, methods, etc. I have heard them all but someone told me last night that everyone told her to start potty training at 27 months. I'd never heard that magic number. It got me thinking about the average age to potty train.
So,  I thought I'd take a little poll:

Do you potty train:
1. By age 2
2. By age 2 1/2
3. By age 3
4. Before college ;)

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I like to check in on your blog every once in a while and your topic today made me smile. :)

I vote 27 months (wait, was that an option?). I know Lucas is beyond that but it's still my vote.

It is random but I have heard many times that is the magic age and it worked for us!

Anonymous said...

I usually try to start sometime around 2 (but yeah... 27 months was when the first were actually trained), this time it will be after 2 1/2 just for convenience. -Melissa C

Unknown said...

Both my boys were potty trained fully night and day by 2 1/2. They were super easy. But, I hear that is not the norm. I just know that bribing them with M&M's worked great! So I vote 2 1/2!

kellycowan said...

well we're doing it right now. so i guess our magic number was 33 months. girls are 3 in april.

Angie D said...

Shoot, I don't even remember when I potty trained Aubrey. Dang, there are so many things I've forgotten between Aubrey and Hudson. Kinda sucks when I think about it! I know we bought the potty before she was 2 and had her sit on it before bath time. She never actually peed in it until 2. She was hard to night/sleep train cuz she did ALL her peeing while she slept. I do know that by the time she was 3 we were done with night time pull-ups...I think.

Incidently, I have NO IDEA how potty training Hudson will be. Do you train them to pee standing up or sitting down? Hmmm, will definitely have to call you about that when the time comes. ;) I totally remember when you potty trained Caleb.

~just me~ said...

the more kids i had, the older they got when i potty trined them. Chloe (my first) was 18 mos when i potty trained her. I think Evy (my 4th) was 3 1/2. haha! --it wasn't that i didn't try earlier. it's just that my effors were half-hearted. I'm with you, though. i hate potty training!