Monday, January 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Kristi

In honor of one of oldest friend's birthdays I wanted to write a blog for her. Well, she told me I better. hahaha! (she really did!)

Anyway, I remember her first birthday as my bestie. I had a Barbie Surprise birthday party for her at Claim Jumper when she turned 20. It was SO cute and fun. Except when the salad she ordered accidentally had shrimp in it and she gagged it up at the table. (Remember?!?! And then we couldn't stop laughing because you were so freaked out!) I gave her a best friend necklace. The kind with one half that says "best" and the other says "friend". She still has it! That's the kind of friend she is!!! She even has notes and drawings I passed her in class! (I lose/throw away everything!) College wouldn’t have been the same for me without her! We got in trouble together, laughed together, grew together and went from girls to women to wives to moms together.


(Here we are at college~fall of 1997)


(Here we are in San Clemente~summer of 2009)

Well, some of the funniest/craziest/best/worst times of my life involve this girl! Here are 13 memories-one for each year she's been a bestie of mine!
1. Walking around the parking lot at Bible College and seeing a Subaru with Philippians 4:13 written on the back windshield and Kristi laughingly said that the owner of that Subaru would be my husband since I had a Subaru, too. (IT WAS JESSE'S CAR!!!!! how crazy is that!)
2. Ditching class, driving down the hill and getting a hotel room so we could watch 90210 and Melrose Place. Oh, and it was in the ghetto and we were scared the whole night!
3. Going to chapel at CCBC Murrieta and taking communion. Kristi's wine cup had a hairball in it and she drank it anyay so "people wouldn't think she was unworthy" hahahaha! One of the funniest things ever!
4. Seeing a guy, totally your type, with a pony tail and telling you he would be your husband (AND IT WAS CHRIS!!!)
5. LEOPARD. (let's not tell)
6. The weekend at my grandma's house-the 4 of us.
7. Being SO sad that Jesse was leaving to go to school in Austria so your mom flew me up to visit you and see baby Samuel! And Chris made us smoothies with ice cream every night!
8. moving to WA, all our apartments, finally getting houses, kids, new jobs...so many memories all rolled into one decade. We were there for each other through the good, the bad, and the fat. (I don't think we were ever ugly though! hahaha)
9. Our girl trip to Cali. The flights (you screaming about farts, hyperventilating in the barf bag, squeezing my hand at take-off and freaking out during the "turbulence"), the rain, Laguna Beach.
10. Rushing to the hospital for your emergency surgery and then rushing to McDonald's to get Boo a sausage biscuit
11. Being in the room when Ethan was born-one of the most amazing things ever! I was SO honored. (And being there for the epidural-one of the funniest things ever!)
12. The saddest time ever when your mom was sick. Worst fight ever. Worst break up ever. Most awkward reunions (Toys R Us?!?!) Best reconciliation ever.
13. Laughing so hard I can't breathe for 13 years. And many more to come! ;)

Love ya!!!!! Happy Birthday!!!!

2 comments:

lola said...

I'm crying and laughing so hard right now!!!! This was the BEST present EVER!!!!!!!! I LUV IT!!!!! Thanks =) Luv ya!!!!!

Mama V said...

AWE!!!!!!!!!!! I remember the Barbie birthday party! I have some of the cutest pictures of us there! You girls helped make my CCBC time that much more fun (and silly!). I just loved watching you interact with each other! You were/are HILARIOUS! xo