Monday, January 25, 2010

My Pineapple Cake

Tonight I made a pineapple cake to bring to a friend's house for dessert. Pineapple cake mix was on sale for .99 at the store and I had a can of pineapples so I looked on line for recipes to tweak and this is what I came up with:

1 box of pineapple cake mix
1 can of pineapple chunks, drained (reserve juice for glaze) and then put in a magic bullet until smooth
3 eggs
1/2 C. oil
8 oz. whipped cream cheese

~Beat all ingredients together. Bake at 350. Around 35 minutes for a 9x13 or 55 minutes for a Bundt (what I did-goes well with the glaze I made). This cake is super thick so it takes awhile to cook and the top will start browning so check on it and maybe cover with foil. I did.

Glaze: Combine 3 TBSP. melted butter, 1 C. powdered sugar, 3 TBSP. pineapple juice from pineapples. Pulse for a few seconds in a magic bullet (or blender, or food processor-whatever)
Pour over cake while warm. Serve. Yum! It was moist and very flavorful. Jesse even had two big pieces and he's not a fan of dessert.

P.S. I was planning on taking a picture because I was so excited to have made up this cool recipe but the stupid top stuck in my Bundt pan! No worries, I got it out with a knife, smashed it on, poured glaze all over and then put blackberries on it! But it wasn't really picture worthy.... ;)

No comments: