Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Finally!

Jesse and Lucas have been gone since Wednesday. And they are coming home tonight. Being a single mom for the week wasn't really hard. I could do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. I ate what I wanted, watched what I wanted. I felt like I had way more free time. Granted, Lucas not being here was a big part of that. But I realized I put a lot of energy and time and thought into being a wife everyday. I'm glad for that though! I'm glad that after almost 12 years of marriage and 4 kids, I still am in love with my husband. I'm still excited to see his name on my phone when he calls me and I want to hear his voice before bed. I love him and missed him. So, I think having him gone was the hardest thing. Not because he helps me so much with the kids (even though he does) but because being a single mom is way easier for me than being a single wife. I need my best friend and my love!
And he's coming home tonight. Finally!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg that was the sweetest thing I have ever heard in my life! I am so happy my brother has a wife that loves him so much!!! God is so good. Lucas is so precious and wonderful. I just stared at his face and soaked in all his expressions, his joy and his cute words.