Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My kids are hilarious!

Hola, Can I take your order?
We're driving to church and Knox starts talking to Jesse about what he does for Railworks. He then says he wants to open a company like that. Or actually, a restaurant would be best. "Really?", I ask. "What would you call it?"
"Rico's Burgers", he says.

Choco-holic
Caleb picked up my cell phone and said, "Mom. Can I call 9-1-1?" "NO!", I replied. "That's for emergencies only!".
"But mom," he said, "It is an emergency. I don't have any chocolate!"

Cheaper than Tylenol
Knox came home from school today because he wasn't feeling well. He said his head was hot (temp=100.1) and his stomach, head, and ears hurt. He was telling me how his ears felt like "sun light burning into them" so to make them feel better he just bent them in half to "let the heat out".

Do you want some candy, little boy?
Because Knox came home, I called Caleb's teacher to ask her to tell Caleb to go to the pick-up lane alone since Knox wouldn't be there to walk him from class like usual. (yes, they have phones in their rooms. Love it!) She answered and just let me talk to Caleb. I explained that he'd have to go to the pick-up line by himself since Knox was home sick and I'd be there to pick-him up. He said, "But mom! What if someone tries to steal me!?!"


Lucas Benjamin Buttons
Lucas was sitting on my lap as I was looking at my friend's wedding picture. Her new hubby has long hair, like Lucas' style, brown eyes, and was wearing a shirt like the one Lucas was wearing. Lucas pointed to her husband (over 35 years old) and said, very confused, "Is that Lucas?"


The anti-meatloaf virus
If the boys have an upset stomach, they're excused from dinner. BUT the rule is they don't get any other food to eat the rest of the night (except the dinner they refused) to make sure the boys aren't faking it to get out of eating a food they don't want to eat. The other night, Caleb says his tummy hurts. After he ate his sweet potato fries. Thinking this was a fake-out, I told him he could be excused without eating his meatloaf and veggies but he wouldn't get any mint jo-jo's (from Trader Joe's-sooooo good!) for dessert. "Mom, those are okay. My stomach will ONLY hurt from this food!"





No comments: