Thursday, April 1, 2010

Trader Joe's Thursdays

First, I want to wish my favorite sister-in-law, Sierra Pocza, a happy, happy birthday!!! Love and miss you!

So, today is a little different...
It's Trader Joe's Thursday, the Ava edition!
A couple weeks I was drawing blanks as to fun, finger food for my little cupcake. She will barely let me feed her right now. She is in love with feeding herself! So, here are some things I've found that work out great...from Trader Joe's! Maybe you can get a new idea or two. And share yours with me!

Breakfast:
frozen wild blueberries (thaw a little first. Warning: very messy)
bananas
Organic cereal bars, cut into tiny squares
TJ's Cherrios
scrambled eggs
yogurt. Ok, have you had their "cream" yogurts? SO good! (I add jarred baby fruit w/ tuna oil for added nutrition)

Lunch:
Peanut butter sandwich, cut into tiny squares
Organic peanut butter cracker sandwiches, broken in half
avocado, chopped up tiny
Apple sauce (I dump in a jar of veggies with tuna oil baby food to this)
grapes, quartered
pears or apples or strawberries or cuties, chopped small. She's a fruit addict like her brothers!
And her favorite thing: Pirate Booty!!! But I break each piece in half

Dinner: Usually her smallest meal of the day. She eats a huge breakfast but drinks 10-12 oz. of formula at night.
pasta (topped with veggie baby food with tuna oil)
cheddar cheese, cut tiny
frozen peas, thawed a little
corn kernels
steamed broccoli or carrots, cut small

*I haven't started her on meat yet*

1 comment:

kellycowan said...

i was desperate for this. thanks!