Sunday, April 18, 2010

Day 7

Well, I haven't eaten food since LAST Sunday night. Some of the things on this cleanse are kind of gross so I won't talk about it but I can definitely tell it is working! :) You are supposed to go for 10 days but I don't have time to go for 10 days AND do the ease out time before Ava's birthday party so I'm going 7 days and then taking a couple days to "ease out". I was planning on just going straight for 10 days until I heard horror stories about not easiing out. I have heard to cleanse until your tongue is pink again and mine is already changing back. (Toxins come out on your tongue. It's gross. Google it) So, tomorrow I can have orange juice and veggie broth. After that, I can have whole fruits and veggies, followed by starches. I can't wait to have a sandwich!!!

I am also going to give up dairy for 3 weeks to see if that helps my stomach problems. After reading about the cleanse, I learned how hard it is on your body to digest meat and dairy. I mainly eat lean meat like turkey, chicken, or tuna and those things really don't bother me but full-fat dairy usually does.
And I'm not going to eat anything fried either. Although I might make an exception for chips and guacomole at Ava's party! ;)

Looking forward to a healthier me! And SO proud of the will power and strength God gave me these past seven days! Amazing grace!

Try the cleanse. You'll hate it. But totally love it too!

1 comment:

Jessi said...

SO proud of you, Angie! I've been doing a lot of research lately about thyroid diseases and dairy/gluten. So as of tomorrow, I'm going off dairy and gluten and GREATLY reducing my coffee because my thyroid is just a mess these days. I'd love to hear if going off dairy is helpful for you too!