Friday, April 23, 2010

Happy Birthday, Sweet Ava Girl

One year ago, I kissed these cheeks for the 1st time............


I love my daughter and celebrate her life today. She is the sweetest, happiest baby girl ever! Such a mommy's girl, one of the joys of my life is watching her face light up when she sees me. When we get her in the morning, she jumps and flips around on her crib, cooing and screaming with delight. It's such a sweet, funny thing that everyone in the family runs to get her up to be the first one there and see her freak out with excitement! Her precious girliness has completed our family and dressing her is one of the highlights of my day! I love her squishy cheeks, the way she crinkles her nose when she is happy, her crazy, curly, poufy mohawk, her big, happy eyes and the way she kisses with her forehead. I love when she snuggles her head on my shoulder when she’s tired and claps her hands when she’s excited or widens her big eyes and grips my neck when she’s startled. I love listening to her sing and watch as she bops her head to the music. I love watching her zoom around when she crawls fast or tentatively walk along the couch. I love how surprised she is when I yell, “peek-a-boo” every time and how she giggles with happiness when you put food on her tray. We all love her so much and it’s only matched by how much she loves us. She is a blessing. I am so thankful for the privilege of being her mommy for the past year and look forward to many, many more!

“I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.” ~1 Samuel 1:27



2 comments:

Mama V said...

AH! Happy birthday, Ava girl!!! So glad you were born! We may be able to stop by for a bit tomorrow. It depends on a few things. Just dont' count on us for food. Love you!

lola said...

I LOVE this!!!! Happy Birthday Ava!! I hope she has a fun day tomorrow...wish I could be there to celebrate!! Luv ya!!!!!