Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Be thankful

I'm hungry. I've been hungry for days. The people who say they don't feel hungry on the cleanse are liars. Kidding. (sort of) Maybe it is because I haven't been drinking enough of the lemonade though. But it's gross!
So...why do it? Because, I needed some time to reflect on my relationship with food. I'm overweight and have struggled to lose weight after my 1st pregnancy-nearly 10 years ago. I know my Thyroid disease doesn't help and there are tons of excuses but one thing I'm aware of is my relationship with food has become something other than what God intended it to be. SOO many times after eating I would feel guilty. Not thankful. Doing this cleanse is teaching me things and that fact has really struck me. That I'm not thankful for my food. Millions of people in the world are feeling hunger pangs right now too. Because they don't have any food to eat. I have a kitchen FULL of food and I'm not eating it by choice. Crazy. Those people would be disgusted. Tonight, Knox said, "Mom, if you're hungry, please EAT! There is such good food here!" But
I'm praying for a new outlook and wisdom on how best to feed myself and my family. And one thing I need to start with is to be truly thankful! And if I'm not thankful for what I'm eating, maybe I shouldn't be eating it!
And in a few more days, I will be very thankful to eat this:


Mmmm...turkey sandwich and salad. I'll be at Sprouts on Tuesday ordering that! And I will be thankful!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

You should check out the book The Weigh Down Diet by Gwen Shamblin. It is all about losing weight with God's help through prayer. I did it after my second pregnancy and lost a lot of weight. I really need to do it again! Here is the website, see what you think.
http://www.weighdown.com/