Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Ava's Birthday Party

Ava's party was so special. It turned out exactly how I hoped! I had been thinking about and planning it for months so it came together pretty easily. Some friends have asked me about how I did it all. Especially on a budget. Well...the number one tip I have for that is to plan the theme early and get stuff as you go. I knew I wanted a pink cupcake party last year!
Here are a few other ways I kept the quality high but the prices low...
I saw this tutu at Home Goods while shopping with my friend Melissa. She bought it for Ava for Christmas. I found the cupcake rhinestone at Michael's and ironed it on. Perfect cupcake party tutu!


ALL of the paper goods: banner, cupcake toppers, mini boxes, bows for the "Ava game" I made with the help of my friend and Stampin' Up consultant Christina. After spending 6 hours making everything, Christina told me that EVERYTHING was her gift to Ava. How sweet was that?!?!?


 I used hot pink tulle, candy and cupcake serving dishes/candles I picked up at Kohl's for 50% off from Valentine's Day to make the dessert table. I already collect white serving dishes and linens. 



I made all the cupcakes, frosting and cupcake pops myself and that is WAY cheaper (and tastes WAAAAAY better) than buying them.

And one of my favorite decorations were the pom poms. I bought 10 packs of tissue because I wanted a ton of them but it was worth it! They are soooo cute and easy to make once you get the hang of it.


Well, I better get planning on the next birthday party. Only 4 months until Lucas' SpongeBob party! :)

(My older boys' parties are much easier but not as cute. Knox is having a laser tag party next weekend with a few friends and Caleb is having a boys-only party at a local arcade in June. Don't worry-I didn't forget about their birthdays! hahaha!)

3 comments:

Mellu said...

I am glad you had a lot of fun planning her party! It turned out really cute!

kellycowan said...

CUTE! i want to know what "the Ava game" was...

personalized birthday gifts said...

Happy belated birthday to you and your blog. :)