Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thanksgiving:Friends

"A friend loves at all times"

Proverbs 17:17


I have been so blessed by the friendships with women I've had in the past decade. Friends were so important to me after we moved to WA and had no family living there yet. I wish I could list everyone by name and thank them for their love and kindness shown to me but it would be too long and I'd forget someone. Haha!


My besties: You know who you are! These ladies have been my best friends for years. Actually a decade or more! Wow! From different churches, through all my babies, driven in my 3 cars, gone to all my WA "houses" (I lived in 6 places in the 9 years I was in WA) ups and downs. I've learned so much from you!
C: I'm smiling thinking of the last MH retreat we went to, our love for COACH. our early debates, being on the phone during 9/11, learning all about conspiracy theories and how much our lives have grown and changed and how blessed we've been. Thanks for hosting 2 of my baby showers (and being at all 4! I think the only person who was!), always encouraging me, always loving me, always making me laugh and being exactly ONE year older for the rest of our lives!! ;)
K: It's so comforting to have a friend who has known me from before I was the perfect Mrs. Winkler! Hahaha! So many memories and laughs from when we were just babies without any babies of our own! You emailed me faithfully in Slovakia and called me every day for years in WA. (Well, usually more than once!) And I'll never forget the honor of being there when your last baby was born. (Best epidural story ever!)

My girlies: This is the affectionate name I have for my lady friends who pray for me, encourage me, give me birthday presents, go to the movies with me, have a glass of wine or a cocktail with me, laugh with me, love me. My closest friends! I'm a girl's girl and without these friendships, I'd be so lonely! I'm not sure I can convey how thankful I am for these ladies! So many years of encouragement and fun. I just unpacked all of Ava's 6-12 month clothes and smiled at all the lovely things given to me by you for her and thought of the immense joy her baby shower was. because of you all! And thank you again for the sweet book you made for me at Desert Fire on my last WA girl's night out. I just re-read it and love you all!! (P.S. remember that random guy who took our picture? Yikes! hahaha)

My church friends: Always praying for me, supporting my husband's ministry, loving me and my family, serving, encouraging, blessing. I am close to God because of all of you!

My new friends: I left WA with a heavy heart for the friendships I left behind but you have already become dear to me and I look forward to years of love and laughs!

I am SO blessed with the friendships God has given me and love you all.
Are you thankful for the friends God has given you?

3 comments:

Mary Olds said...

Can a mom be a friend...I love you and you are a gifted writer..I think you get that from Grandma Kathleen. HUgs.

lola said...

Ohhh I just love this!! I love you and and am SO thankful for you and our friendship....I have sooo many good memories and seriously laugh every time I think of them =) through all the ups and downs I am so thankful for you....you'll always be my favorite bestie =)

cdugdale said...

Angie, we have had some amazing years of friendship. To think how much I have grown through the years with you always a phone call away, to laugh, cry or just vent! A true, unwavering friendship full of respect and unconditional love. I know we will be old and gray one day, of course I will have more grays being one year older, but I think you might still be dying yours blond even at 90. Anyway, we will be old and still be on the phone sharing stories about great-grandchildren, and probably the latest medication we are on and the newest ache or pain. Until then there is a lot of in between life to live and memories to make, and cellphone minutes to use up. I love you dear friend, no miles can separate true friendship. The glue being our love of Christ, family, friends, politics, Coach purses, hair, makeup, the list goes on from here. Much love to you my dear friend, and I thank God for you in my life!