Friday, November 20, 2009

Thanksgiving:Family

"Praise the LORD! Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!" ~Psalm 106:1

I have so much to be thankful for. Too much to list in a blog. More than I even realize and certainly more than I appreciate, sadly. God is not just good, He is good to me! Always. I wish I lived in a constant state of gratefulness to the Lord for all He has done, all He has given, all He has mercifully withheld. Instead my mind is easily distracted by the things I'm not thankful for, things I want that I don't have or things I have that I don't want. So, especially as Thanksgiving draws near, I want to focus my mind on the many blessings God has given me!


First, I am thankful for me family:
1. I have a husband. Not everyone does. And not all those that do are blessed with a husband like mine. I love him. He loves me but he loves God more. He is a fabulous father, provider, protector, friend. There is no one I trust like him and I know he feels the same about me. He is all I ever wanted in a man and more. He is the greatest blessing in this world to me. Did I mention he was hot, too?
2. My FOUR kids. They are all healthy and always have been. They are strong and cute and love each other. My two boys that have professed faith show signs of repentance and evidences of grace every day. My youngest two are the most loving and happiest babies I've ever known. They fill my days with love, laughter, joy and laundry. These four people have allowed my heart to love with a sacrificial, unconditional love that I didn't know I was capable of. The Bible says children are a reward but I'm not sure what I could possibly do good enough to deserve them!
3. My parents, sisters, brother, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, in-laws. I have always been surrounded by people who love me and support me and encourage me and believe in me. Most of the best memories of my childhood are wrapped up in these people. Even if I don't see them for years, the reunion is always sweet and the love genuine. What a wonderful family I have been given!

What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Schuller said...

Hi Angie!
This is an awesome blog! Why haven't I heard that you were doing this before? I have had a blog since last March and I post once a week, usually via HD video which my son, Bobby does.
I really enjoyed reading what you wrote about Thanksgiving. I too feel so very, very blessed and thankful!
With love, Donna
donnaschuller.blogspot.com