Wednesday, November 19, 2008

We're having....

a girl!

At the ultrasound we had the tech write what we were having in a card with a picture of the "goods". We left the hospital and were driving...somewhere. We couldn't decide where and how to open the card and I was starting to get emotional so while we were stopped at a stop light I told Jesse to just look. And then tell me. He said he would look at the picture and try to figure it out. I couldn't bear to watch as he pulled out the picture. He stared, then laughed. "I have NO idea!" , he said. "Here, see if you can tell." He handed me the picture and I instantly said, "IT'S A GIRL!!!". He opened up the card and there it was...
"It's a GIRL!"

We cried and I laughed, too. What a blessing. We are so excited to meet her!

This morning when we dropped the boys off we told them we would have a special present for them to open and when they opened it they would know if they are having a baby brother or a baby sister. We went to Fred Meyer and bought a darling hot pink Addidas track suit and two pink “baby bottle” candies (don’t ask-they’re disgusting but the boys love ‘em!) After school the boys couldn't wait to get home to open the present! They were positive it was going to be another brother! Knox said a girl would be fine but Caleb wasn't too sure. When they saw the pink they both smiled and while Caleb isn't that excited about a sister yet, he loved the candy! We told him it was from her and that helped a little bit! :)

We have a name but I'll blog about that later....

3 comments:

Jessi said...

AMAZING! yay for sweet, sweet little blond (maybe?) girls!

Angie D said...

I was thinking about having the tech write it down and seal it for us too. Bill and Tami did that and opened it up on the ferry from Balboa to Newport. They road the ferry on their first date. Cute! I just don't know if I could wait. :) Congrats again.

kellycowan said...

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS!!!!!! i am literally sitting her tearing up over your sweet baby girl you have waited for for so long. she is such a joy to you already!!