Thursday, October 23, 2008

M-ice Capades

I am petrified of mice. And rats. I don't really like animals in general but rodents in particular scare me. A lot.
About 5 years ago, I opened up the door to the garage and saw a mouse scurry across the floor. I screamed, slammed the door and burst into tears. I was inconsolable and frozen with fear. I called Jesse and couldn't stop crying enough to talk. He hung up and left work to rush home, fearing a tragedy had struck. I was so hysterical he didn't know if he'd come home to a crime scene! I also called my friend (and up the street neighbor) Kristi and couldn't communicate with her either. She rushed right over. They arrived to find me, crumpled up and sobbing. Needless to say, they were a little irritated that a mouse was the cause of my undoing.

Fast forward to this week. I get my kiddos in the car to head out to get them a promised ice cream treat. I drive several miles along Highway 202-going around 50mph. I stop in the turn lane, about to take a left when....A MOUSE POPPED OUT OF THE HOOD OF MY CAR, scurried up the windshield, sat in front of me and just looked at me. AAAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
My blood ran cold. I was frozen in fear. I screamed and shivered. Could it somehow get in my car and "get me"? If this was a super power rodent, able to withstand car engines and high speeds, surely a piece of glass couldn't protect me! I turned on the wind shield wipers and made a quick left turn. It calmly walked to the edge of my windshield and then...vanished. I was horrified. "Did that seriously just happen?" I thought. What if it is just hanging on my door, waiting for me to open the door and then POUNCE on me?
It wasn't. I don't know where it went. I don't know why that happened. I have not gleaned any spiritual truths or come to understand the mice world better.

But I know this for sure: mice=2, Angie=0

YUCK!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

lola said...

LOL!!!!! I can't stop laughing!!!!

mares-e-dotes said...

this terrifies me beyond words.

It also makes me laugh histerically!

I have a story for you;)