Saturday, June 27, 2009

Good Bye

Saying good bye is hard. I know that I will never again see many of the fabulous people I have grown to love over this past decade in WA. I wish I could write personal good byes to everyone but I don't have the time!
So....to my girlies: You know who you are! :) Thank you for the laughs, tears, hugs, COACH bags, meals, baby gifts, nights out, encouragement, and love. I have learned so much from you all and even though I don't really have friends in SD yet, I didn't have you 10 years ago so that gives me hope! You are fabulous and I will miss you (and your families!) so much!
To my Vine girlies...thanks for your blood, sweat and tears! Many of you have ministered along side Jesse and I for years and those memories are priceless! And I'm still sorry about the exterior paint color. Who knew?!
Please keep "flourish-ing"!:)
To Mars Hill...What an awesome church! Fabulous teaching, community, families, ministries, opportunities-the BEST church in Washington!!! I love Mars hillians!!
To my WA friends, neighbors, blog readers, etc: Thanks! I have loved living here (except for the winters! heehee) for the past decade. I became a mommy 4 times over here and that is very special to me! Lots of firsts here-too many to count. but some highlights/lowlights: first house we bought, first time living without power for a week, first ferry ride, first teeth lost, first birthday parties, first soccer/basketball/t-ball/football games, first time eating terriyaki chicken, first time watching my husband get punched in the face, the first time I ever truly loved a church!

So...goodbye WA. It's been great.

But hello San Diego!

5 comments:

mares-e-dotes said...

Love you too much. And don't worry, Wights will not be on the list of people you won't see again! Already missing you...

Mama V said...

ok, this just made me so sad for you! I hate change.. the Lord knows it! But with change comes growth, and I'm sure you're probably very excited for this next season.

Where in SD exactly? You probably already told me, but wherever it is, I SO look forward to reconnecting!!! I love you, dear girl! Can't wait to see you!

kellycowan said...

we miss you! hope you made it to CA safely. remember - we're still your community until you make a new one, girl. let us know how to pray.

kellycowan said...

got time for a new post???

juniorj said...

yes, it is hard to say goodbye. so we should cherish "hello(s)" a lot more than we do.