Friday, May 29, 2009

My daughter

A couple of weeks ago, I was at Starbucks with Jesse and Ava (getting a half passion/half black iced tea with one Splenda. YUM!) when a lady asked me, "How old is your daughter?". My daughter! It was fun to hear out loud. I've waited 9 years for a daughter and I have one now. It seemed surreal actually. Wow-it's not a son this time. It's a daughter!
And since then, several people have asked me how I like "finally" having a girl. And of course, I say it's "GREAT!"
But in all honesty, she just seems like...a baby. She doesn't sleep when I want to sleep, she eats, she cries, she poops, she has fabulous cheeks for kissing, she's a ball of heat (which I LOVE! I'm always cold. Stupid thyroid!), her skin is silky soft, she's barfed on me, smiled at me, filled my heart with LOVE...she's my baby. EXACTLY like her brothers were. But she's my daughter! I can't wait for all that will mean in the future: tea parties, pedicures, wedding plans. But for now, she's just like all my precious babies were. Except with a bow on her head and a pink blankie tucked around her.

1 comment:

Mama V said...

That is a very good point, Ang! I was thinking about that with my little guy the other day...and how if he'd been a girl, things right now would probably have been the same... or similar (besides the peeing up during diaper changes!!!) So wonderful to hear how much you love being a mommy!!!