Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

Today is Mother's Day. It's also the first day that I'm home with all four of my kiddos alone. Ah, the irony! Jesse is preaching all three services and my mom left yesterday (boo hoo) so after two-2 hour sleep sessions, I had to get up and be a mommy instead of sleeping until Ava's mid-morning feeding at 10am like I had been able to do for the past two weeks since my mom or Jesse were always here to help with the boys.
Four kids is A LOT! It's a lot of work, a lot of food, a lot of laundry, a lot less sleep, a lot more laughter, a lot more sharing and a lot more love. This morning, Ava was crying in her crib and when I went to get her, Lucas was leaning over her crib touching her softly and patting her blanket. At lunch, Knox got his brothers some ice water while I was feeding Ava and then he took out the trash-twice. During chore time, Caleb put away all the toys himself since Knox and Lucas were sitting together watching Sponge Bob. My boys aren't perfect but they love each other and can be so kind and helpful.
Tonight Ava will be dedicated. And as we pray over her with our church, pledging to raise her in the fear and admonition of the Lord, I will be praying in my heart for my other three too. I am so thankful for the evidences of grace in their life and the ways I see them growing in faith. I love being their mom and am so blessed to have four fantastic kids.

P.S. My awesome husband got me the Chanel sunglasses I wanted-"from Ava"! My boys got me make-up (with help from my mom) and fabulous gifts they made me at school-a tote bag from Caleb and a book from Knox.
Happy Mother's Day to me! WooHoo! :)

No comments: