Friday, May 14, 2010

Trader Joe's Thursdays. Ummm...Friday...

Ok, life is crazy busy and I have so many other things going on that I haven't blogged in awhile-even missing my TJ's blogs. But I wanted to share this super easy, yummy thing I made this week while my carnivorous hubby was away:
Veggie Stir-Fry w/ Veggie Egg Rolls
(everything is from TJ's)
pack of pre-cut Stir Fry veggies*
bag of frozen veggie fried rice, thawed
pack of veggie egg rolls
Sweet Chili Sauce
soy sauce
olive oil
One Omega-3 egg, beaten
~Bake egg rolls according to package. Heat some olive oil, saute the veggies in it. Pour in a dash or two of soy sauce. Cook until done. Put to the side. Put a little olive oil in a pan, saute the rice. When almost done, push all the rice to the outer edges and pour in the egg to scramble. Once scrambled, mix the rice in. Pour in a dash of soy sauce. Egg rolls should be done. Cut in half because they are sooooo hot and will burn little mouths if they don't cool down first.
Put some rice and veggies and an egg roll on a plate with some sweet chili sauce. Or mix the rice and veggies with a dash of sweet chili sauce in it. It's up to you.

My big boys had seconds and thirds of this! It was so easy, healthy and tasty.

*Or make your own with onions, bell peppers, cabbage, mushrooms, broccoli, etc.

No comments: