Monday, March 16, 2009

When my heart is overwhelmed

Psalm 60:1-2
Hear my cry, O God;
Attend to my prayer.
From the end of the earth I will cry to You,
When my heart is overwhelmed;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

My heart is overwhelmed with uncertainty today. Yes, I wanted God to lead me. But I was looking for Him to lead me to the answer, the plan, the solution. RIGHT NOW! The solution didn't come. But this scripture did.

What I really need is to be lead to faith in Him. To rest in Him. To trust him. He will take care of me. My future is certain to Him. He is the rock that is higher than I. So I can trust Him to work it out. And I can be patient because He is good and loving and cares for me!

3 comments:

Angie D said...

I love that verse! I'm sorry your feeling overwhelmed, but I'm also confident the Lord will lead you to the answer in His time...as you know. ;) Praying for you, friend! Call if you feel like getting a frapp or need a break of some kind. Love you!

Jessi said...

a) praying for you & that your heart would be feel graciously overwhelmed with the peace of Jesus.
b) thankful for this post!

Pinkie Winkie said...

Thanks for the encouragement, friends!
love ya